Archive for June, 2006
An anonymous person, who doesn’t have the gonads to leave a name, has a poor opinion of me! What ever shall I do!
powered by ODEO
Here is a comic where one of the characters is currently madly knitting.
Vachel decides to knit a sweater
And so it begins
The philosophy of knitting
Blake doesn’t resist
Knitting as an offensive weapon
These links will work for 30 days following each one. After that you have to subscribe to the service to read them as archives.
I’m sure that Chris will continue with this story arc tomorrow, so return to the comic and read. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy the entire comic. Little Dee rocks!
Chris also does another comic, listed on the drop down menu at the side, called Bruno Baldwin. This weekend I’m going to go back and reread the archives. Yes, it’s that good.
I’m still getting hits on my blog for people doing a search on Thomas Cison, one of the Perverted-Justice.com busts. He’s the pervert who attempted to meet an underage girl so that she could model thong underwear for him.
You can find his chat at: Thomas Cison aka pharaohblue – bust
You can find the followup thread created at: Thomas Cison aka pharaoblue – followup
Since he is related to Julie Cison who volunteers at the pro-paedophile site you can find related threads at:
Julie Cison – followup
Julie Cison – failed HRO
Please feel free to explore the Corrupted-Justice.net site to read about Julie Cison’s activities at the .com pro-paedophile site.
Taken from Esoterrica who took it from someone else. Feel free to change the questions/statements to suit your sex and or sexual orientation, age or whatever. I’ve removed any LiveJournal stuff because it’s on blogger with me.
1) Bold what is true about you.
2) Italicize what you wish was true about you.
3) Add one true thing about you to the end of the list.
* I miss somebody right now.
* I don’t watch much TV these days.
* I own lots of books.
* I wear glasses or contact lenses.
* I love to play video games.
* I’ve tried marijuana.
* I’ve watched porn movies.
* I have been the psycho-ex in a past relationship.
* I believe honesty is usually always the best policy.
* I curse sometimes. As opposed to constantly.
* I have changed a lot mentally over the last year.
* I carry my knife/razor everywhere with me.
* I have a secret that I am ashamed to reveal.
* I hate the rain.
* I’m paranoid at times.
* I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar-free.
* I need/want money right now.
* I love sushi.
* I talk really, really fast.
* I have fresh breath in the morning.
* I have long hair.
* I have lost money in Las Vegas.
* I have at least one sibling.
* I was born in a country outside of the U.S. (DUH!)
* I have worn fake hair/fingernails/eyelashes in the past.
* I couldn’t survive without Caller I.D.
* I like the way that I look.
* I have lied to a good friend in the last 6 months.
* I am usually pessimistic.
* I have a lot of mood swings.
* I think prostitution should be legalized.
* I slept with a roommate.
* I have a hidden talent.
* I’m always hyper no matter how much sugar I have.
* I have a lot of friends.
* I have pecked someone of the same sex.
* I enjoy talking on the phone.
* I practically live in sweatpants or PJ pants.
* I love to shop and/or window shop.
* I’m obsessed with my journal.
* I’m completely embarrassed to be seen with my mother.
* I have a cell phone.
* I have passed out drunk in the past 6 months.
* I’ve rejected someone before.
* I currently like/love someone.
* I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
* I want to have children in the future.
* I have changed a diaper before.
* I’ve called the cops on a friend before.
* I’m not allergic to anything.
* I have a lot to learn.
* I am shy around the opposite sex.
* I’m online 24/7, even as an away message.
* I have at least 5 away messages saved.
* I have tried alcohol or drugs before.
* I have made a move on a friend’s significant other or crush in the past.
* I own the “South Park” movie.
* I have avoided assignments at work/school to be on the computer.
* I enjoy some country music.
* I would die for my best friends.
* I’m obsessive, and often a perfectionist.
* I have used my sexuality to advance my career.
* Halloween is awesome because you get free candy.
* I have dated a close friend’s ex.
* I am happy at this moment.
* I’m obsessed with guys.
* I am punk rockish.
* I go for older guys/girls, not younger.
* I study for tests most of the time. It only feels like I do
* I tie my shoelaces differently from anyone I’ve ever met.
* I can work on a car.
* I love my job(s).
* I am comfortable with who I am right now.
* I have more than just my ears pierced.
* I walk barefoot wherever I can.
* I have jumped off a bridge.
* I love sea turtles.
* I spend ridiculous amounts of money on makeup.
* I plan on achieving a major goal/dream.
* I am proficient on a musical instrument.
* I hate office jobs.
* I went to college out of state.
* I am adopted.
* I am a pyro.
* I have thrown up from crying too much.
* I have been intentionally hurt by people that I loved.
* I fall for the worst people.
* I adore bright colors.
* I usually like covers better than originals.
* I hate chain theme restaurants like Applebees and TGIFridays
* I can pick up things with my toes.
* I can’t whistle.
* I have ridden/owned a horse. Ridden, never owned
* I still have every journal I’ve ever written in.
* I talk in my sleep.
* I’ve often thought that I was born in the wrong century.
* I try to forget things by drowning them out with loads of distractions.
* I wear a toe ring.
* I have a tattoo.
* I can’t stand at LEAST one person that I work with.
* I am a caffeine junkie.
* I am completely tree-huggy spiritual, and I’m not ashamed at all.
* If I knew I would get away with it, I would commit at least one murder.
* I will collect anything, and the more nonsensical, the better.
* I enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner.
* I’m an artist.
* I am ambidextrous.
* I sleep with so many stuffed animals, I can hardly fit on my bed.
* If it weren’t for having to see other people naked, I’d live in a nudist colony.
* I have terrible teeth.
* I hate my toes.
* I did this Meme even though I wasn’t tagged by the person who took it before me.
* I have more friends on the internet than in real life.
* I have lived in either three different states or countries or provinces.
* I am extremely flexible.
* I love hugs more than kisses.
* I want to own my own business.
* I smoke. I drank.
* I spend way too much time on the computer than on anything else.
* Nobody has ever said I’m normal.
* Sad movies, games, and the like can cause a trickle of tears every now and then.
* I am proficient in the use of many types firearms and combat weapons.
* I like the way women look in stylized men’s suits.
* I don’t like it when people are unpleased or seem unpleased with me.
* I have been described as a dreamer or likely to have my head up in the clouds.
* I have played strip poker with someone else before.
* I have had emotional problems for which I have sought professional help.
* I believe in ghosts and the paranormal.
* I can’t stand being alone.
* I have at least one obsession at any given time.
* I weigh myself, pee/poo, and then weigh myself again.
* I consistantly spend way too much money on obsessions-of-the-moment.
* I’m a judgmental asshole.
* I’m a HUGE drama-queen.
* I have traveled on more than one continent.
* I sometimes wish my father would just disappear.
* I need people to tell me I’m good at something in order to feel that I am.
* I am a Libertarian.
* I can speak more than one language.
* I can fall asleep even if the whole room is as noisy as it can be.
* I would rather read than watch TV.
* I like reading fact more than fiction.
* I have pulled an all-nighter on an assignment I was given a month to do.
* I have no piercings.
* I have spent the night in a train station or other public place.
* I have been so upset over my physical gender that I cried.
*I once spent Christmas completely alone because there was a miscommunication on which parent was supposed to have me that night.
* I’ve been married and am now divorced.
* There have been times when I have wondered “Why was I born?” and may/may not have cried over it.
* I like most animals better than most people.
* I own a collection of retro game consoles.
* The thought of physical exercise makes me shiver.
* I have hit someone with a dead fish.
* I have written/read erotic stories.
* I am compulsively honest.
* I was born with a congenital birth defect that has never been repaired.
* I have danced topless in front of dozens of complete strangers.
* I have gone from wishing I was a boy to revelling in being a girl to feeling like a boy again in the span of five minutes, and not cared a whit for my actual sex.
* I am unashamedly bisexual, and have different motivations for my desires for different genders. (Almost entirely true…)
* I sometimes won’t sleep a whole night or eat a whole day because I forget to.
* I find it impossible to get to sleep without some kind of music on.
* I dislike milk.
* I obsessively wash my hands.
* I always carry something significant around with me.
* Sometimes I’d rather wear a wig in day-to-day life than use my own hair.
* I’ve pushed myself to become more self-aware and thereby more aware of others.
* Even though I live on my own I still cry sometimes because I miss my mother.
* I hand wrote all the HTML tags in this document.
* I’ve liked something which a majority of people claimed was either bad or weird.
* I have been clinically dead for a brief period of time.
* Instead of feeling sympathy/empathy with people and their problems, I simply become annoyed. I should qualify that with a “some” in front of problems
* I participate/have participated in auto drag races and won.
* I do not ‘get’ most comedy acts.
* I don’t think strippers are money-greedy or slutty for dancing.
* I don’t like to chew gum.
*I am obsessed with history/historical things and can’t wait for someone to build a time machine so I can be the first to use it.
* I can never remember for the life of me where I parked the car.
* Had the TEEN ANGST thing going for at least 2-3 years.
* I wish people would be more empathic and honest with each other.
* I play Dungeons and Dragons weekly.
* I love to sing. More to the point, I wish I could sing, however, I have no such talent
* I want to live in my mother’s basement when I grow up.
* I have a custom-built computer.
* I want to create a certain someone’s babies, even though there’s a 0% possiblity of ever achieving it.
* I would be in a relationship with one of my pets if they were human.
* I’ve gone skinny-dipping.
* I’ve performed in three plays, all of them Shakespeare.
* I enjoy burritos.
* I’m Irish and lovin’ it.
* I have a thing for redheads.
* I am a twin
* Most times, I’d rather do something intellectual instead of doing something generically ‘fun’.
* Once I set out to finish something, I always stay at it until it is completed before I move on to something else.
* I wish there were a way to erase past mistakes.
* I wish I could do High School all over again.
* I have big interest swings every year.
* I have loved Pokemon since the beginning and continue to do so.
* I am the only one who can navigate my room without stepping on something.
* There’s no genre of music I dislike.
* I’ve read every work written by my favorite author(s).
* No matter how much I sleep, I’m always tired.
* I’d rather eat out than cook.
* I have higher expectations of myself than others seem to
* I can get really OCD when it comes to matching colors with every item of clothing worn
* I wish I could live in Paris
* I cry at Hallmark commercials
* I am obsessed with movie soundtracks.
* I am getting married.
* I have lost all faith in humanity.
* I like sitting around in my underwear.
I’m done another semester in 3 weeks. It’s hard to believe that just 3 short weeks ago I was beginning a new class and now it’s all over with. Frankly, I’m relieved. I know I’ll pass this one, the question is how well. I guess we’ll find that out when the grades get posted sometime next week. Tomorrow the university is on holiday because July 1 (Canada Day, formerly known as Dominion Day) is on the weekend.
I got my essay back. Here is the comment written at the end:
“Impressive research. You advance clear perspective throughout. You might have considered the issue from the perspective of choices available to Aboriginal persons, whether such choices are limited to one or the other. But you did a fair job of introducing healing practices and argued strongly in favour of their incorporation in a hospital setting. A solid work.”
I got 80% on it. I was somewhat worried. It’s rather nerve wracking writing papers because I usually feel like I’ve written shit all the way through. The exam wasn’t bad though. That probably means that I screwed up epically. I guess we’ll see when the marks are posted.
It’s hot here again. It’s a whole lot hotter in Regina though. They’re suffering under temperatures in the mid 90s (that’s 36C for those metric people out there). Oy! At least we’re only at 28C (82 F). We’re downright balmhy in comparison. I do miss my fan though. The teeny one I have, I’m thankful for, but it doesn’t move anywhere near the air of my other fan. I’m hoping that Dad can fix it, or replace it. You’re right, Brad, I would melt in Memphis (I love alliteration!). I like spring and fall because I have to wear a sweater. I like winter because it feels so good to get warm after being cold. There’s nothing like sitting in a comfy chair, covered with a throw and sipping a nice cup of hot cocoa while the snow blows about outside. I think that’s one of my favourite feelings. It’s as good as a comfy computer chair, a throw, a cup of hot cocoa and a warm computer.
Boy was at his high school orientation today. He’s taking home ec and bitching about when they scheduled it at 9 am. He’s complaining because he’ll be tired and not coordinated, but I figure it’s better than having math at that time and having to actually think.
That’s about it for today. I can’t seem me doing anything other than cruising the internet all weekend in order to waste my time. Perhaps I’ll crack open one of the books I have to read. Yeah, that sounds nice. Maybe I’ll do that.
Ten of the last 40 hits on my blog have been hits because of my post on Richard Kulkinski. I’ve had people from:
Chicago, IL USA
Beamsville, ON Canada
Salt Lake City, UT USA
Tempe, AZ, USA
Aliso Viejo CA USA
Farmington, MN USA
Hamilton, ON Canada
West Chester, PA USA
It has to be something for school. I can’t think of any other reason such a wide variety of places would have people interested in him.
I have renrewed my driver’s licence. It was prorated down to $10. I’m a legal to drive.
I dropped a plate on the top of my foot last night. I’ve got a nasty bruise and it’s definitely affecting my enjoyment of sitting tucked up in my chair.
Class finished early. I volunteered to take the class evaluations to the Native Studies office since it was on my way to the bus stop. I decided on my way home that I would go to Boy’s final assembly at his school. Bran was going so I figured that I’d join in and make it a family thing. I figured that Boy would be surprised, but I don’t know if he was or not. Bran asked me to stop by the house and pick up some extra film since his already ran out. So I did that, however, being me, I didn’t look behind the butter to find the new rolls. I didn’t know it, but I took a used film. It never registered on me that there was no tail of film sticking out to load. DUH! It all became moot anyway, Boy just finished his walk for the class (like last night they each walked out and stood there while the hosts narrated his plans for the future. In fact, he was just finished as I walked into the gym. So the picture that Bran hoped to get, wouldn’t have happened anyway because I was just that teeny bit too late. After it was all over I hugged Boy, he went off to his classroom and Bran and I walked home.
Today we learned what the exam would basically entail. So now it’s up to me to focus my studying on those areas. There are 4 essay questions, 1 long one, two semi-long and 1 short one. So, sometime today I have to make time to do that. For now, I have to finish up the reading package.
It is officially hot outside. Right now it’s 30C (86F for the metrically challenged). When I got on the bus to get home I picked a seat with a wide open window to help cool me down. After the transfer downtown I piced a seat right at the back. It’s one of those buses that can accomodate wheelchairs, so there’s a rise in the back half of the bus. If you sit at the back then you get all the wind that is blown into the bus from all the open windows. So, despite it being over top the engine, that seat is actually one of the more pleasant places. Though my office is one of the cooler places in the house, it’s quite warm in here. At least I’ve got a little breeze going. That’s one of the things I really like about my office. Except for the wee teeny early hours of the morning, it’s always in shade, therefore cool breezes blow in.
I write my exam at 10:30 tomorrow morning. I have to remember to take some spare batteries for my little fan. Which also reminds me that I have to let Bran know that I have a prescription that should be ready for pick up. This is day two without Pariet and so far, no heartburn. I’m hoping that maybe it cured things. Cross your fingers, toes or other things for me.
Only because I didn’t do much…
- woke up sometime before 8 and thought it was 9:30, panicked because I thought I only had 10 minutes to catch the bus.
- Asked Bran to wake me at 8:30 and went back to bed.
- Bran woke me up and I asked to sleep until 9, he gave me my phone to set the alarm.
- Got up at 9, got my stuff together, got change for the bus and some $$ for a sheet of bus tickets
- Went to school
- Got the bus tickets,
- Returned the library books,
- Went to class and handed in the essay
- Sat in class and tried to learn.
- Caught the bus home after class
- Chatted to Enviroboi.
- Ate lunch – chicken corn chowder that Bran went to the store for.
- Had a nap.
- Boy woke me up for supper.
- Ate supper.
- Started this entry.
Now I’m done and I’m going to read about other people’s lives and try to study.
I finished the damned essay. It’s crap, but it’s done. I have gotten to the point where I just want the class to be over with. Tomorrow I begin to catch up on the reading that I’ve so diligently avoided for the past 2 weeks. It’s hard to believe that the term only began a couple of weeks ago. Now I’m into the final week. Oy! I am so looking foward to it being done.
I have some hopes that the next class will be interesting. It’s “Critical Issues in Canada,” another sociology class. I’m not taking it because I need it, but because it was a class that filled a sociology requirement and it was available. The other classes in that slot sucked and I wasn’t keen on doing two more quarter term classes.
I’m wound up. I’m tired as all get out, but my brain is still working on the damned paper. If I got to sleep now, you know what I’m going to dream about, right? The first two guesses don’t count. But I have to be out of bed and into the shower tomorrow morning at 8:30. So, until I get home from classes tomorrow, oh, right…I have to study. Damn!
1. The essay still isn’t done, but I’ve started page 4 so I’m about 1/2 way there.
2. Tonight was Boy’s “graduation” or farewell to the Grade 8s. It was quite entertaining, which was a good thing because that gymnasium was gosh darned hot
3. Boy gave his rose to Bran, which stands to reason since he’s the one who went on all the class trips and stuff. He’s growing up so fast.
4. I came home to a fan that had stopped working. I’m not a happy campppp….hey, i have a battery powered fan! Yay! Now I have to find some fresh batteries.
5. The essay isn’t done so I have to get to work.