Archive for May, 2009
- short typing because I got my two first (fore- and middle fingers) caught in the car door today. Yes. They hurt.
- decided to take another week off school, not ready to be back at the grind yet.
- brother who sexually abused me when I was a kid is back in the province, living with Dad. Double edged sword. He can be there to take care of Dad and make sure he’s ok. I don’t want to see him (the brother, not Dad).
- the car has the passenger back panel punched in by a truck in the parking lot as we were leaving. It ended without threats of violence, but the beginning was touch and go. I don’t know who is at fault, but usually it’s the one from behind. I don’t know what’s going to happen with the car now. It still runs fine, the back hatch opens fine, the back door opens fine. Thank goodness it’s a station wagon not a regular car. The truck had a few scrapes on the bumper and the bumper is displaced a bit.
- I’ve got pictures of the damage to the car and the truck as well as a few other things that we’d been taking photos of on Sunday evening (lovely sunsets) and today while we went out for a drive. They’re all going to the SoFoBoMo thing. Added to that will be a photo of my middle finger of my right hand’s (yes, I’m right hand dominant) fingers.
- I don’t recommend that you download Deluge as a torrent client. I’ve had no end of troubles with it. First the update screwed things up. Then when I finally got the update going, when I shut it down to do a restart after a Windows update the program wouldn’t start again. I’m going to have to find another client. Despite that, however, between Bran and I, I have 10 new Midsomer Murders mysteries on DVD.
- Work is going ok. I keep hoping that we’ll win the lottery but that doesn’t appear to be in our destiny right now.
- The rice is finished cooking so now I have to get my shit together and fry up some tofu and veg to make a coconut green curry thing. I can’t say I’m very hungry right now.
I promise, I’ll update on Thursday, when I don’t have to go to work.
Please send your prayers, good thoughts, and whatever emotional energy you can to Heidi, whose father committed suicide today. She was the one to find the body. She and her mother are devastated by this action. There is no insurance, no backup and he was the family breadwinner. Heidi is a phenomenal person. Of late she’s been struggling with a lot of issues, and this has been the crowning tragedy.
Since we don’t think the computer was never registered the warranty is nonexistent. We can have the store we bought it at fix it though. For now it’s quiet. Bran opened up the beastie and put a little lube in. it’s quieter than it was but I still have to whack it (like kicking an old tv, only not quite as vehement) to get the fan to be quieter). It’s way better than the jet engine that was on the go before.
Not a whole lot has happened since I last posted. I’ve started making jewelry again. My objective is to get photos taken this week and edit them to get the stuff for sale soon. I know I’ve been saying that for some time, but I want to get things going. The major drag right now is ensuring I have money to ship things. I want to make sure that people get their stuff sooner rather than later.
I made an awesome pasta sauce last night. Tons of onion, a full head of garlic, 4 large tins of diced tomato, spices galore, a ton of mushrooms and 4 green peppers and soy burger all merged together to make a very tasty vegan sauce.
My knees hurt. I’m still working alone because a co-worker is away. I’m rather pleased though. Tonight I went all the way to the 3rd floor and didn’t get winded. I guess that’s a good thing.
Dutchess if having a kitty fit, well, a mini-fit at any rate. The DVD recorder is recording a Midsomer Murders episode that I don’t have. The oven is heating up for me to bake a Dr. Ortker’s (at least that’s how I think it’s spelled) three cheese pizza. My favourite snack. I’ve also decided to take another week off of school. If I get to feeling guilty I have a few books here to read if needs must.
Darn. The computer’s noisy again. Sucks to be me.
Today I slept in. Bran and I had good intentions at one time last night to get up early today, get laundry sorted and then get it all done early. Yeah. That didn’t work out. When we went to bed that changed to me getting up after he got home from taking Boy to school. Then it changed to an hour after that when he actually did get home. It wasn’t so much because I was extremely reluctant to get out of bed but that Bran had a headache. This is where I get those mixed feelings of relief that he had a headache and therefore we could sleep in and feeling bad because he had a headache, but darnit, we got to sleep in some more. The long and the short of it was that we didn’t get up until 1 or so.
The laundry is sorted and Bran is currently working on it.
Here’s where the drooling began with shopping for two of my most favouriteist stuff…
We picked Boy up from school and headed off to Staples/London Drugs (in the same strip mall). I needed coloured pens and highlighters for marking up my research books. I love pens and Staples has many varieties. I settled on “Maximum Performance” pens. They have a 1.4 mm tip. They’ll be ideal for underlining text and come in pink, orange, yellow, blue, and purple. The highlighters are pretty standard and come in those colours and also green. Sharpie has cool highlighters that I could’ve gotten, but they’re bitching expensive. Bran got a little media wallet for his camera SDHC cards. It’ll be a little more difficult to lose that than a single one of those little cards.
Then we were off to the Bentley store to look for a new purse for Bran. We found the perfect one for him. In fact, it was so perfect that I wanted it too. Alas he wasn’t giving his up. The sales attendant appeared both amused and amazed at the two of us. She also managed to find an identical bag for me. It doesn’t hold any more than my current “AS SEEN ON TV’ bag, but it closes securely and the lining doesn’t pull out every time I pull my wallet out. I do have to put another grommet in to attach my keys. The nicest thing, I mean other than the bags being better quality in general, is that they close securely with zippers so there’s a lot less chance of losing something out of the bag if it tips over when it’s closed up.
I pens and containers (bags, purses, backpacks, wallets, plastic containers of all sorts, trunks…if it contains something chances are I’ll love to look at it)…speaking of which, there was a lovely wooden file cabinet at Staples that would make an awesome chest of drawers. Nice deep drawers, all wood, lovely finish and only $200 for a four drawer unit. I just made puppy dog eyes at Bran about it. I have to stop that.
That’s what I have right now. However, I did manage to finish Keeper’n Me, the book by Richard Wagamese. Really, read it. I highly recommend it. I started Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley. Its about Noah, the flood but, from what I’ve gotten so far, from a very different perspective. Noah is an alchemist and an asshole, at least he is thus far and by today’s standards. Mrs. Noyes (that’s Noah’s surname) doesn’t much like him. Ham is a scientist and sensitive, Shem is a half-wit brute whose only thought is to money, Japeth is blue (really, the colour blue) and spends much of his time in a tub of water with lye in it in an attempt to wash off the blue. I’ve only gotten to page 23. I’ll let you know how the rest goes.
My feet are sore. I’ve been up to the third floor 6 times today. At least no one on the third floor locked themselves out of their room today. That would’ve meant even more trots up the stairs. Actually, it’s not the up part so much as how my right knee doesn’t like the down part.
I managed to not have much leftover food after supper tonight. Usually when I make battered fish there’s 1/2 dozen or more pieces left. Tonight there was only 2. There were going to be a few leftover green beans but I ate them. There was a fair bit of potato, but I didn’t have any choice as to the amount of that I cooked.
Other than the odd bit of work I mostly played Bejeweled all afternoon. Yeah, everyone should have my job.
Tomorrow is laundry day. I’m going to stay home from school so that I can fold clothes. That way it’s all done and whatnot. I’ll probably be spending most of the day in the bedroom reading, napping, watching videos, and folding clothes. Sound exciting?
Today Bran and I went shopping. Not just any shopping, but SHOPPING type shopping. First we went to Fanny’s Fabrics (two stores) to try and find flannel for hankies. All we could find was flannelette, the thinner version that isn’t at all good for hankies. Sucks. I guess we’ll have to wait for fall, maybe there’ll be real flannel in then.
Then we headed out to Warman to look at bras. Actually, for me to be fitted for new bras. I got only two. However, those two cost over $200. One was over $100, the other was under. Of course, the one over $100 feels somewhat better. However, I now have bras that fit, don’t shift about and sit under my tits where they should fit, not on my stomach. The girls will be happy tomorrow when I wear one of them.
We then headed back into town and picked Boy up from school. Bran wanted to nosh on something and rest so we came home. Last night I ordered pizza for Boy and I. Well, technically for me but Boy got the side benefit of getting breakfast and lunch. Bran and I had some pizza for our late lunch and I got all sleepy, so I laid down until 4:30. Then Boy wheedled me out of bed (I did try to fall asleep on the couch but they weren’t going for it). Then we headed out to CostCo.
There we got:
- a mat for the kitchen floor at the sink
- new dish clothes and towels
- latex free gloves for me to do food prep and fruit peeling
- oranges (two cases)
- apples (two bags)
- grapefruit (one bag – Bran would’ve gotten two but he forgot that I was getting the gloves)
- frozen burgers (both beef and the veggie variety – I’m going mostly veggie again)
- bread and buns
- oh, bananas
- one flat of cream of mushroom soup
- two flats of diced tomatoes
- some more bags because we forgot them at home and didn’t want to contend with the groceries without them
- and two small flats of blackberries to eat on the way home.
I think we bought enough.
When we got home Boy and I put the curry on (not vegetarian because I didn’t see in time that I’d opened up a Knorr chicken stock can instead of the veggie stock can). We added a can of tomatoes and it’s warming up now. Before we left Bran or Boy put rice on to cook in the cooker (I love the cooker so all we have to wait for is the curry to heat up and we can eat. Yum.
While Boy and I were putting away the groceries, Bran took Dutchess out for a stroll on the leash. More accurately, he made sure she didn’t get away or go anywhere not good and she led the way. Apparently she stared down another cat and thus defended our yard from the dastardlyness of another feline. Bran figures on taking her out again after supper.
Later today I have to hem up my new pants. I want to wear a pair of them this weekend along with my new blouse one of the lady containment systems. I’m going to look new. Yay!
Come Monday I’ll be headed back to school on a daily business to start my reading/research for my research proposal. Still no word on whether I passed Methods and Criminology. I hope I did.
That was my day. It’s not often that I’d consider travelling over 15 Km (nearly 10 miles) to another town for bras. However, having my ladies happy is important now that they’re wanting to converse with my navel. I have to keep them from that bad influence.