- Bran and I continue to work on getting my hobby work space built. I have photos on my Clicks blog (button on the right) if you want to see our meagre progress thus far.
- I finally got rid of the drain last Friday (the one before the one just past). I was greatly relieved to have that gone. I leaked for the night (laid down a towel to keep the bed dry, but it was healed over by morning. I have a lot of scarification on my belly now. I can’t say I’m happy about that, but I’m relieved to be a more complete person again.
- I began walking with Bran on Wednesday last week. He goes to a cardiac rehabilitation program that is subsidized by the provincial government. He, Boy and I walk around a track. On Friday last week I was feeling ill so didn’t go. I doubled my walking on Monday because I learned a valuable lesson. Clothing that is tight around an internal seam will limit what one can do. Loose clothing has no such limits. Tomorrow I’ll be wearing newly laced shoes (to try and solve a numb foot issue) and try to walk the entire 40 minutes.
- My tax refund is being held up wherever they are holding it. It was pulled for assessment or something for some reason. I’m to call by Dec. 22 if I haven’t received anything before then.
- Bran’s cast came off last Friday. He was having issues with his thumb becoming numb and having chafing problems. So he went in, it was x-rayed and the techs removed it. He’s inordinately pleased about simple things, like washing his hands.
- I spent time today looking at the possibility of immigrating to another country. Bran and I considered Costa Rica but they don’t recognize same-sex marriages even when the marriage is legal in the home country. That was my search criteria. I looked at Sweden, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Spain and Portugal. Thus far Spain and Portugal are ahead because they are more temperate.
- After looking at other countries to move to I checked out the government job sites here and found one that I could apply for in the province. I finished up the application a few minutes ago. Hopefully I’ll hear something from them. I saw a pile of boner errors on my previous application and corrected them. Then I read through several times to make sure I didn’t screw up again. I hope I caught them all since simple errors aren’t a good thing.
- Bran thinks that the renovations the landlord did last year included adding some (if not all) of the downstairs suite’s wiring to our meter. This is because somehow our power usage doubled. While it’s possible we used that much power with the air conditioner and the computers, it’s not fully likely. Personally I wouldn’t put it past the landlord to be trying to save himself money with a fast one. On principle I don’t trust landlords.
- My weight is fairly steady since getting out of hospital. That’s unsurprising considering my activity level dropped considerably after the surgery. Hopefully the walking will help and then I’ll be going back to work at the beginning of January.
- Since beginning the work on my hobby corner I’ve been craving doing something. What I’ve been doing is tracing patterns onto tracing paper to transfer onto cloth for embroidery and beading. I also want to get back to making jewelry again. I really would like to make it a paying venture. I’ll have to figure out a way of doing that sometime that doesn’t involve Etsy. There are too many re-sellers there. When a place says they can make 10,000 dresses for your chain to sell, you can bet that they’re not an individual crafts person. What makes it worse is that when members make it known in the forums the thread gets shut down. You can see that if you go to Regretsy where they post that stuff. It’s hard enough for an individual craftsperson to get sales without re-sellers getting the edge.
- I want to win the lottery.
- I’m way behind on others’ blogs. I need to go read them.
Leave a Reply